Stats | v Sunderland
It took longer than we’d have hoped, but Stoke have finally won their first match of the Premier League season.
Here are a few stats following the victory over Sunderland:
- Joe Allen scored four goals in 91 Premier League matches for Liverpool. He’s now scored four in three games for Stoke
- This was Stoke’s first league win by a two goal margin since the 3-1 victory at Bournemouth on 13 February
- The Potters completed 82.1% of their 480 attempted passes
- Ryan Shawcross became the first player since Peter Fox to reach the milestone of 300 league starts for Stoke City
- Stoke’s recorded their first clean sheet in the Premier League in 18 games- our worst run without a shutout since promotion
- Marko Arnautovic completed all 18 of his attempted passes in the attacking third
- Marc Muniesa made his first appearance in the league since April, which was also against Sunderland
- Erik Pieters made the most tackles on the day (six) and he also completed the most clearances in a Stoke shirt at the bet365
- David Moyes has failed to win any of his last six visits to Stoke- as manager of Everton, Manchester United and Sunderland
- Sunderland have won just once on Stoke turf in the Premier League. Stoke’s record reads: 5 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat
Trackback from your site.